Sunday, December 23, 2007

Another Texas Surprise 12-17-07

When we awoke in Demming this morning it was 24 degrees outside. Since we wanted to make a quick get away we rushed to get dressed so we could get Roadie ready for the road. Having arrived after dark last night, I didn't want to bother with connecting the water and sewer hoses. This morning with temps below freezing, filling with water and dumping the holding tanks was going to be interesting. Given my propensity for making a mess while dumping, I was concerned. In preperation EJ made me a cup of hot chocolate. Thus fortified, I tackled the tasks and surprisingly everything went well. Actually I did have one little problem. The connection where the RV sewer hose connects to the campground sewer system froze in place and I had to get out the tools to pry it loose.
Ice column on RV next door

To us Texas is a state of many pleasant surprises. Lots of parks, wind farms, 80 mph speed limits, lots of roadside picnic areas on all types of roads, and now we add a new one to the list...roadside rest stops with free wifi.
Wifi sign and notice the other sign

We're embarrassed to admit that as we were traveling I-10 we were so engrossed in a conversation that we blew right by the hiway 67 turnoff to San Angelo and had to back track 8 miles. Thank goodness for GPS. We looked at Nomad and then each other and said "Hey, weren't we supposed to turn back there?"
We arrived at Rio Concho Manor in San Angelo about 6PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment